Thursday, November 14, 2013

Library report as an infographic

Last year I shared with our school executive an eight-page library report. When I look at it now, I wonder did anyone read it.
A friend of mine recently updated her professional portfolio and included an infographic for the first page - education, interests, etc. I had been thinking about getting started on my annual library report, and thought it would be fun to try and present the information more graphically. So much of it is statistics.
So I decided to try Piktochart. I found this tool intuitive and really easy to use. No need for Google help. Easy templates - or start from a blank template. Easy to edit text options. A selection of images and icons to import, and you can import your own images.
I love the way it displays the information in the report visually, so that important outcomes are quickly understood.The infographic is saved as a jpeg to share in a document or website, and print. It looks best online.
This year I will meet with my Principal and Head of School to briefly go through the report with them, in this new visual format.
Here is the result.




No comments:

Post a Comment