Thursday, November 29, 2012

Annual library report

I just finished my 2012 Annual Library Report!
My first, actually. I blogged about my intentions to do this last year, in my opening past for this blog.
I have passed the report on to my "line manager", the Assistant Head Secondary - Diploma Programme and all library staff, and he will share it with my Principal and Heads of Subschool. It was 8 pages long and included the following:
Resources
Print (including statistics of new resources); sharing resources of the local library service; digital (ebook, mp3 audiobooks, ipad apps); management of digital resources (Follettshelf); other digital resources (online curriculum guides - Libguides, including statistics of access); multimedia resources (Clickview and Discovery Education)  including statistics of use; databases; periodicals (including ejournals); stocktaking overview.
Learning and teaching
Reading promotion - library visits, circulation statistics, Book Week, author visits, book fairs; AIS Libraries and professional learning - the contribution of library staff to pd initiatives such as Teacher Inquiry Groups, the 2012 Library Team Inquiry into ipads (report);  the library's contribution to school goals (regional PD provider;ICT integration).
The physical environment. Achievements and challenges.
Staffing.Achievements and challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment